Sunday, March 15, 2015

Lunch at Letter D

The falling rain doesn't stop me fom visiting Letter D. Glancing at its exterior, I know for sure I'm gonna love this place. Letter D is a glass building, a little blurry because of the air conditioner during the day. So, I guess, D is for determination.

 Letter D is a glass building

Then, entering the building, a little surprise comes in shape of a Barista table full of cakes selection. Then I entered the restaurant, climbing the stairs to my table by the window (which is as requested). D is now for decoration.



After browsing the menu, I went with Salmon Lodeh for me and Aglio Olio with Prawn for my partner, Tom. A rare thing for him to order prawn. We also order Hot Tea Chamomile to counter the cool weather out there and fresh juice. The Aglio Olio with Prawn turned out really good, the best for him, Tom said. Perfect al dente and the right amount of spice. A good thing because Tom is real picky when it comes to pasta. I'm allergic to prawn, shrimp and its families, but after the excited Tom inspired me to try, I dared myself to take a bite. Well, it was indeed fresh and juicy!

So D is for dare to try.


Salmon Lodeh 
Aglio Olio with Prawn
So, when mine arrived, I can't wait to mess around with the salmon, which was perfectly plated on top of the vegetables. A little soup makes it lodeh! Perfectly poached salmon, not dry, is meeting my preference. Even better because after a while I noticed there was no allergic reaction. Yeay! Here's another restaurant I can enjoy the prawn without worry.

D is for Delicious.


Dessert is a must

And gloomy Sunday wasn't that bad after all!


Where is this?
Letter D Cuisine & Bar
Jl. Ahmad Dahlan No.16, Jakarta Selatan
Tel: (021)7278-611

P.S. Letter D is opened by Chef Degan, known for his perfection and precision while judging Masterchef Indonesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment